129: Listening for What People Don’t Say
What could you learn about another person if you paid attention to much more than the words they were saying? Steve Sims is a master at this. He designs and delivers unique experiences for his clients by listening to what they say they want and then asking questions to hear what they really need. The result is an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience and a raving fan for life.
Steve has a unique talent for connecting with people’s passions, opening doors, and making things happen. He’s been running his luxury travel and lifestyle concierge firm, Bluefish, for more than twenty years. During that time, Steve has developed an exclusive reputation and impressive client list of the world’s rich and famous. Steve is the author of Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen and host of the podcast, The Art of Making Things Happen.
- Why Steve made the decision to hang around with rich people…and how he did it
- How Steve uses his listening skills to hear what a prospective client really needs, beyond the words they say
- The reason Steve asks WHY 3 times whenever someone gives him an answer…and how it leads to a powerful relationship
- What holds people back from making big asks…and how to get past the hesitation
- The reason Steve uses the word “discover” instead of “fail”