196: How Merck Is Building a Culture of Learning
What does it take to transform learning and development in a big pharmaceutical company? Johann Laville shares the three gaps that existed at Merck and what they’re doing to build a powerful learning culture. You’ll love hearing Johann’s passion and enthusiasm for all aspects of this undertaking…and you’ll gain important insights about what’s possible when everyone from the executive suite on down is committed to making the transformation a reality.
Johann is the Chief Learning Officer in Global Learning & Development at Merck & Co., Inc. where he ensures that learning solutions and innovations are aligned with the company’s mission to save and improve lives. He has more than 20 years of experience leading large global teams with a focus on furthering business transformation as well as defining and launching innovative user experiences.
- The 3 gaps Merck is addressing in its “transformation of learning”
- What Johann and his team are doing to build a strong culture of learning
- How Merck is resolving issues around the Journey of Leadership across all departments
- The onboarding process in place for new hires to help them start their learning journey on Day 1
- Key leadership lessons that Johann has learned in his own journey