139: Advance Your Career and Promotability
Do you know the factors that most influence your career advancement? My guest Amii Barnard-Bahn is an expert in this area; and in our conversation she reveals the five key elements that impact promotability. Amii and I discuss the one that most leaders underestimate—external awareness—and what you can do to make sure this is not a blind spot for you. Her stories about executives she’s helped are sure to inspire you!
Amii is a former Fortune Global 50 executive and now a consultant to the C-Suite at global companies like Adobe and The Gap. She’s recognized by Forbes as one of the top coaches for legal and compliance executives, and she’s a member of Marshall Goldsmith’s 100 Coaches. Her latest creations are an assessment called The Promotability Index® and the companion book, The PI Guidebook: How the Promotability Index Can Help You Get Ahead in Your Career.
- The 5 key elements of promotability
- Why so many leaders lack external awareness—and what to do about it
- How to build a better relationship with your manager and others who could influence your advancement
- Practical ideas for requesting feedback to help eliminate your blind spots
- Why relationships are the foundation for getting support for a promotion