147: How to Transform Conflict into Connection
What if you could welcome conflicts instead of avoiding or dreading them? My guest Jason Digges describes how it’s possible to do just that by using Authentic Relating. We talk about that topic and many other ideas from his excellent book, Conflict = Energy, The Transformative Practice of Authentic Relating. You will want to take notes because Jason shares a wealth of practical ideas you can apply at work and at home.
Jason is a modern renaissance man. He’s equal parts artist, philosopher, teacher, and media producer. From 2003-2012 he worked for Integral Institute to create thousands of hours of educational media on the topics of transpersonal psychology, spirituality, productivity, and personal growth. Jason is obsessed with how humans can live and relate optimally. Since 2012, he’s facilitated groups and taught authentic relating and circling courses in over 20 cities around the world.
- The 5 practices involved in Authentic Relating (AR)
- Why Appreciation is a key element in building trust and strong relationships
- The roles of Noticing, Appreciating, and Curiosity in AR
- Why Dignity + Humility = Transformation and how the shadow side of each can get in the way of connecting with others
- How leaders can create psychological safety so people feel free to speak up and share their thoughts and feelings
Watch the episode:
Free Gift – Chapter 6: Appreciation
Conflict = Energy, The Transformative Practice of Authentic Relating