085: How to Build Your Consulting or Coaching Business Following a Late Career Job Loss
Are you just getting started with your new consulting or coaching practice? If so, my interview with David Shriner-Cahn is a must-listen. Experienced professionals will also find dozens of nuggets you can use to launch or expand your business. David guides highly skilled professionals who are recovering from a late career job loss and who yearn to impact the world with their knowledge and creativity by becoming successful entrepreneurs. He’s also the host of two popular podcasts for consultants, coaches and other entrepreneurs, Smashing the Plateau and Going Solo, with a focus on building a successful business.
- Why a consulting practice can be a great next step for a seasoned professional from the corporate world
- The unique challenges a consultant faces when starting a new practice…and how to work through them
- Limiting or negatives beliefs new consultants often have that can hold them back
- Key questions you must answer about yourself and the marketplace before you start promoting your new business
- How to make the most of your network to confirm your strengths, discover opportunities, and identify people who offer complementary services