Do you sometimes get triggered by another person or a particular kind of situation? My wonderful guest Mary Simon is an expert on helping clients recognize their triggers and find ways to reduce the impact on their minds and bodies. Mary is a respected, trusted executive coach with 20 years of experience, and she’s coached leaders and teams in 17 different industries. She’s certified in brain science and neuroscience and is a former faculty member at The Wharton School of Business. In this fascinating conversation, Mary shares why reacting to triggers can be harmful to your health…and what you can do instead to reduce their impact.
- Why Mary makes a distinction between brain science and neuroscience
- How Mary helps clients become aware of words or events that trigger them
- How to identify where in your body you become tense when you have a reaction to a situation
- What you can do to respond to triggers in a way that serves you better
- Why curiosity is the magic key for moving away from a trigger