178: Leadership Is Not about Position or Title
What does it take to become a truly effective leader, one people want to follow? Pat Lattore has thought deeply about this question and has been involved in developing strong leaders for the past 45 years. In this conversation, he shares brilliant insights about the roles that influence, emotional intelligence, and culture play in the shaping of leaders.
Pat served in various leadership roles inside organizations and then founded his consulting company P.A.L. Leadership, LLC, in 1992 to: provide leadership development and executive coaching; improve collaboration and teamwork; and facilitate organizational change. His years of experience in so many fields have given him a unique perspective that you’re sure to enjoy and appreciate.
- How Pat defines leadership
- Why Pat says real leadership is not positional
- The skills and traits required to be an effective leader
- What leaders must do to build currency in order to have influence
- Why Pat says the most profound leadership exchange happens between mother and child