143: Leaders Are Readers
Do you have a consistent, intentional reading habit? If not, my guest Jeff Brown will help you appreciate the power of establishing one! Jeff describes the impact that books have had on his career and life. He’s the host of the popular Read to Lead Podcast, where he interviews today’s best business and non-fiction authors, such as actor and author Alan Alda, Seth Godin, John Maxwell, Brian Tracy, and more than 300 others (including me!). In our conversation, Jeff shares many practical tips that will make it easier for you to remember and apply what you read.
Jeff is an award-winning radio producer and personality, and former nationally syndicated morning show host. Following a 26-year career in radio, Jeff went boss-free in 2013 and soon after launched his podcast. He’s the co-author of the book, Read to Lead: The Simple Habit That Expands Your Influence and Boosts Your Career.
- Why it’s important for leaders to be readers
- How reading can help you expand your influence and boost your career
- What’s behind the resistance some people feel towards reading
- How to create a consistent, intentional reading habit
- Work-arounds for reading a 200-page book in an hour