233: Use Compassionate Accountability to Build Connection and Get Results
Do the words “Compassion” and “Accountability” seem like opposites to you? My guest Dr. Nate Regier views them as such an important pairing that his new book, Compassionate Accountability: How Leaders Build Connection and Get Results, as well as his work with clients, focus on addressing them together. In this interview we discuss the three elements that bring these words together. Be ready to take notes, or even better, buy the book because Nate shares so many practical strategies in it.
Nate is the CEO and founding owner of Next Element Consulting, a global leadership firm dedicated to bringing compassion into the workplace. He’s brilliant in creating models that foster positive relationships and workplaces…and then teaching clients how to use them to transform their organizations.
- The evolution of Compassion as a term and as a practice in the workplace
- The two extremes on the Pendulum of Compassion
- How three fundamental components of Compassionate Accountability apply to how leaders see themselves and their teams
- Practical ways that leaders can bring these elements to life
- Case studies of organizations that have operationalized these components