158: Craft Your Unique Story and Land Your Dream Career
Want to stand out from every other candidate when you’re being considered for a new position or a promotion? Debra Olshan Cooper is a genius at helping clients answer the question: “Who are you?” You’ll find out the exact approach she uses with clients to uncover their true talents and passion. She’s a masterful storyteller herself, as you’ll hear in the many client examples she shares.
Debra is the founder of Your Career Design Lab, which mentors and coaches college graduates to excavate their passion and turn it into a paycheck by crafting their unique story. She’s worked with young adults and people in their 60s. Her 30 years of experience as CEO of two highly successful public relations and marketing firms puts her in a unique position to teach her clients how to create, tell and sell their individual story.
- How to turn an interview into a conversation where you share compelling stories
- Why it’s important to ask for what you want
- How to transform imposter syndrome into a strength
- What you can do to turn a No into a Yes
- What employers need to know and do to maximize performance of younger workers