179: The Role of Wellbeing in a Thriving Culture
What can an organization do to make sure Wellbeing is an integral part of the culture and not a stand-alone program? Mari Ryan describes exactly what she does with clients to help them achieve this goal. She shares important, practical strategies along with the “why” behind them. Mari’s definition of Wellbeing is the best, most inclusive I’ve ever heard. Our conversation is a “must listen” for any leader committed to creating a workplace where people thrive.
Mari is a workplace well-being strategist, speaker, and author. She works with organizations to create workplaces where both the people and the business thrive. Mari is the author of the award-winning book, The Thriving Hive: How People-Centric Workplaces Ignite Engagement and Fuel Results. She’s also the President of the National Speakers Association New England Chapter.
- How Mari defines “wellbeing” – and why it matters in the workplace
- The biggest obstacles to creating a people-centric culture
- Policies that organizations can put in place to support employee wellbeing
- Why many leaders overlook taking care of themselves…and the downsides of neglecting to do so
- Specific actions leaders can take to show they care about their team members