167: How to Prioritize Civility in a Divisive World
What does it take to create a workplace where civility is a core value that’s lived every day? Sejal Thakkar tackles this topic head-on with clients, based on her experience as a former employment law attorney for corporations and as a human being who’s been on the receiving end of uncivil behavior.
Sejal is on a mission to educate and empower people to create a world where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. She’s a 2x TEDx speaker shedding light on two vital topics: “The Pain, Power, and Paradox of Bias” and “How to Harness the Power of Exclusion and Go from Longing to Belonging.”
Sejal is the Founder and Chief Civility Officer at TrainXtra, where she helps leaders create positive, safe, and respectful workplaces through customized training and coaching.
She’s also responsible for cultivating a people-first culture at Nobody Studios.
- The distinction Sejal makes between “civility” and “respect”
- How a company can make civility a core value and bring it to life
- Why it’s important to become aware of your own unconscious biases
- The HAT strategy that encourages people to examine their biases
- Subtle micro-aggression words and behaviors that undermine inclusion