195: Become the Person You Want to Network With
What thoughts come to mind when you hear the word “networking”? If any of them are negative—or if you wish you could build a stronger network yourself—this episode is for you. My guest Frank Agin is a masterful networker, and he has invested decades in showing others how to do it right. You’ll hear valuable tips around making introductions, the benefits of being a Giver and not a Taker, and what to do at networking events.
Frank is president of AmSpirit Business Connections, which empowers entrepreneurs, sales representatives, and professionals to become successful through networking. He hosts the Networking Rx Podcast that’s packed with insights and interviews related to better business relationships. Frank is also the author of several books, including Foundational Networking, which I highly recommend if you’re interested in learning from a true thought leader around the importance of building professional relationships.
- What many people get wrong about networking
- The elements of foundational networking
- Why KNOW, LIKE and TRUST are the keys to building strong business relationships
- The infinite power of making introductions
- Steps you can take to become effective at networking events