191: Creating a Culture of Welcome
What would you predict the future to be for a boy who was the son of a Black pimp father and a white single mother on welfare? If you answered “pretty bleak,” you would be wrong in the case of JeVon McCormick. JeVon took all the adversity he faced and turned it into a highly successful life and career.
Today, JeVon is the CEO of Scribe Media, a multi-million-dollar publishing company that was recently ranked the #1 Top Company Culture in America by Entrepreneur Magazine. JeVon was recently named Best CEO in Austin, Texas.
JeVon’s experiences shaped a mindset for modern leadership that now guides his service at Scribe Media and is captured in his book, Modern Leader. You are likely to re-evaluate of your ideas and even some of the words you use as you listen to this thought-provoking conversation.
- The incident that made JeVon immune to criticism from others
- Why the old corporate playbook is obsolete
- The #1 behavior that modern leaders need to demonstrate
- What JeVon learned from his biggest mistake
- Words that JeVon dislikes and the alternatives he prefers