245: The 7 Secrets of Influence
What comes to mind when you hear the word INFLUENCE? Think about people who have influenced you in the past – and what it was about their approach that you found persuasive. Elaina Zuker has studied this topic for decades. It’s her specialty and her passion, and you’ll come away with important insights about influencing others at work and at home.
Elaina is President of Elaina Zuker Associates, a management training and consulting firm in Montreal. She’s an expert in the area of Influence and the author of 11 books, including the best-seller, The Seven Secrets of Influence. She has recently published a new mini e-book called “INFLUENCE: The 7 BIG Secrets in 7 Little Minutes.”
Elaina’s unique “Secrets of Influence ™“ theory and training program were developed from her experience in Sales, Advertising and Marketing and helped her sell millions of dollars in products and services. Her program is now available as an eLearning package.
- The experiences in sales and advertising that shaped Elaina thinking about influence
- The distinctions she makes between Influence and Manipulation
- How Elaina created the 6 styles of influence
- Why it’s important to learn your own style and adapt to those who aren’t like you
- The approach Elaina took in a competitive sales situation with decision-makers at AT&T that caused them to choose her