066: The Five Practices of Particularly Resilient People
Have you thought of resilience as the ability to “bounce back” from adversity? My guest Dr. Taryn Marie Stejskal provides a much more powerful definition with three elements that allow you to emerge from any challenge enhanced and actually bounce forward. Have pen and paper handy because you’ll want to capture the important insights and practical tips Dr. Taryn Marie shares for developing resilience. She founded Resilience Leadership, where she serves as the Chief Resilience Officer (CRO), leveraging over a decade of research on resilience that gave birth to the empirically-based framework she uses with clients today. She’s a foremost international expert on this topic and is the former Head of Executive Leadership Development at Nike and Global Leadership Development at Cigna.
- Why resiliency is not “bouncing back”
- A definition that encourages you to flourish, no matter what adversity you face
- The research that led to Dr. Taryn Marie’s evidence-based model
- The 5 core practices that resilient people engage in regularly
- 3 Quick Wins for building resilience