230: Trust & Inspire: Unleash Greatness in Others
The Command & Control approach to leadership is obsolete, and there’s a powerful replacement for it: Trust & Inspire. Steven M. R. Covey is passionate about helping leaders adopt this far more effective way of leading others, and he brought this enthusiasm to our conversation. You will be inspired as he describes all the benefits of a leadership model that’s focused on helping people grow even as they are held accountable for results.
Stephen is the New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Speed of Trust, which has sold over 2 million copies worldwide. His new book, Trust & Inspire: How Truly Great Leaders Unleash Greatness in Others, is also a Wall Street Journal bestseller. It immediately became one of my favorite books for leaders and parents.
Stephen brings to his writings the perspective of a practitioner, as he is the former President & CEO of the Covey Leadership Center, where he increased shareholder value by 67 times and grew the company to become the largest leadership development firm in the world. Stephen co-founded and currently leads FranklinCovey’s Global Speed of Trust Practice.
- The limitations of Enlightened Command & Control
- How the best leaders extend trust to others
- What’s involved in inspiring someone to perform at the highest level
- Fundamental beliefs that Trust & Inspire leaders have about people
- The elements of Stewardship Agreements that clarify expectations and define accountability