175: FedEx: A Company Preparing Its People for the Future
What if a company prepared upcoming leaders for their new roles and set them up for success on Day 1? That’s just one of many ways FedEx takes care of its people. My guest Tamera Maresh-Carver describes with great enthusiasm the programs and benefits in place to ensure everyone has an opportunity to advance their career.
Tamera is the Managing Director of Employee Development, Innovation, and Organizational Strategy at FedEx Express. Her responsibilities include global leadership development, employee development, and organizational effectiveness. She’s been with the company since 1998 when she started as a courier and advanced into leadership roles in 2003. Tamera has won the most prestigious award that FedEx bestows three times. She truly is a superstar as you’ll see in our conversation!
- The alternative approach FedEx has taken to replace a Hustle Culture
- What leaders are doing to create psychological safety for everyone
- Why the On Deck Management Training includes mentoring and coaching
- Benefits that reduce turnover and create opportunities for employee advancement
- The partnership with University of Memphis that results in employee retention