168: Cracking the Leadership Code
Did you know that only 23% of people think their leaders lead well? How did we get to the point that employees have such low confidence in their leaders?
Alain Hunkins understands what people are looking for, and why the approach of previous generations of leaders is not the answer. He talks in a compelling way about the three C’s that are required—Connection, Communication, and Collaboration. They form the basis of his excellent book, Cracking the Leadership Code.
Alain is CEO of Hunkins Leadership Group, where he helps high achieving people become high achieving leaders. Over his twenty-year career, Alain has worked with thousands of groups of leaders in 25 countries. Clients include Wal-Mart, Pfizer, General Electric, IBM, and Microsoft.
- The impact on Alain of growing up with two Holocaust survivors (mother and grandmother)
- What younger workers are looking for—but not getting—from most leaders
- Why leading with empathy is essential…and the benefits of doing so
- What gets in the way of leaders communicating well
- How to identify and acknowledge peak moments to create a positive workplace