265: Leading through Major Changes
Many mergers and acquisitions are dismal failures, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Find out how Sikko Zoer created buy-in and achieved a positive transformation when combining two very different divisions after an acquisition. So many of the actions Sikko took can be used by leaders on a daily basis.
Sikko has more than 15 years of experience in Healthcare and MedTech at Medtronic. He’s got a strong history of being a dependable executive leader who is driven by challenge, undeterred by obstacles, and committed to excellence in multiple areas, including operations, supply chain planning & optimization, logistics, IT, and marketing.
These days Sikko is involved in several businesses. He offers Strategic Advice, Consulting, Coaching, Mentorship, and Interim Management through his own companies, Qwinn Consultancy and Supply Chain Companions. Sikko also serves as a Senior Advisor with The Boston Consulting Group.
Sikko loves bringing new insights and providing directions that make companies and their people successful and proud. He does this in a positive, optimistic, open, and respectful way, as you’ll learn in this conversation.
- Issues Sikko encountered when combining two very different teams with very different mindsets
- What he did to get buy-in from stakeholders
- Ways that Sikko himself changed during the process
- How Sikko helped people shift from Victim to Owner mindset
- Why listening to understand was a critical skill for each person to develop